Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This thing here...

So about 5:30 this morning, I sat straight up in my bed, startled, thinking that I had heard some loud beeping sounds. I sat up for several seconds, and when I didn't hear the noise again, I figured maybe it was my imagination or part of a dream or something, and laid back down to try to see if I could steal a little more sleep before it was time to get up for work.

Well, no sooner had I gotten comfortable again when the beeping came back. This time it didn't go away, but repeated itself in bursts of three beeps at a time. It didn't sound quite like the smoke alarms in the house, but it was a very piercing sound nonetheless. Wait, there's a Carbon Monoxide detector in the baby's room!

I jumped out of bed, raced down the hall to the back room where my two year old grandson was. And then I discovered that when his mother rearranged his room recently, she put the crib in a position where it was now close enough to where the CO detector was plugged in that the boy could reach through the railing and out to the detector, and push the test button - repeatedly...

Really? Boy, you didn't have anything better to do at 5:30 in the morning?

1 comment: