Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Purple Monday!

Monday was the day I spend every summer waiting for: the start of RAVENS season! This year, of course though, my even more beloved Orioles are in the mix for a playoff for the first time this millennium, so I had to put off getting ready for the Ravens for a couple more days before I went into Purple mode...

As it turns out, the wait was worth it! Although the Orioles got blown out by the hated Yankees in Sunday's game, which I went to (I really need to stay away from the stadium the rest of the season; they haven't won a single game I've attended), they still split the series with them, winning their two games in dramatic fashion, and in the process they are only a game behind them, and thoroughly in their heads. Even the (too) many Yankee fans who infested Camden Yard were much less obnoxious than normal, knowing that in spite of their runaway win Sunday, these were not the same old Orioles, and that nothing is guaranteed for them at this point...

As for the Ravens, well y'all saw their destruction last night! A 44-13 ass whooping of the Who Dey crew from Cincinnati, sending those Bengals back home with their tails between their legs! I must say, with all the talk about how they were going to open up the offense this season, my boys needed to go out there and put up or shut up. Well, put up they did, and then some!

All in all, a great weekend for the local sports scene, even if I did jinx the Orioles by going to the game Sunday. I promise, I'll stay home and watch the games on TV the rest of the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment