Monday, April 16, 2012

More adventures at my Favorite Baltimoron Store

So I went to the neighborhood Food Depot, my favorite Baltimore store, to pick up a couple of odds and ends. I bypassed the carts and picked up a basket, with the intent of getting in, picking up maybe 5 or 6 items, and getting out. However, as often happens with me in this store, I ended up with more than I came for. There was a sale on yogurt, so I picked up about 12 cups of those, then I passed by a few other things I just had to (NOT) have, and next thing I know my basket was stuffed with about 20 items, give or take.

I trudged past the 10- and 15- items or less express lanes and over to the regular lane with the shortest line. When I made it to the conveyor belt and got ready to unload my goods on it, the cashier, seeing me holding a basket instead of pushing a cart, said "Sir, you can take your stuff to the express lane."

"But I have more than 15 items," I said.
"Well, you can take it to the 10 items or less line."

Say what, now?

"Umm, you know," I said, not being able to resist an easy bit of smartassery, "if I've got more than fifteen items, that means I also have more than ten items."

Woooooo, that heifer was MAD with me...but oh well, what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment