Friday, December 16, 2011

Some People, episode 2

To read episode 1, click here

   So I'm standing on a corner at a busy intersection in downtown Baltimore, and I see a panhandler staggering up the street making his rounds. Oh boy, here we go...

He comes up to me and asks if I have any change. I reach in my pockets, jungle the change around, say, "Yup", and re-focus my attention towards trying to get across the street.


After several seconds, he says, "Well?"
  "Well what?"
"I thought you were going to spare me some change?"
"You asked me if I had any change," I replied. "You didn't say anything about giving you any..."
"Well, can I get some?"
"Nope," I replied as the light changed and I started across the street.

And he had the nerve to call me a dirty name. I tell you, some people...

No comments:

Post a Comment