Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some people

    I'm as much a gentleman as anyone. I still believe in chivalry. My mother trained very well to have some manners (and knocked me upside the head when I forgot, LOL). But sometimes...
I was riding on my way home from downtown after a hard day at work. The bus, as always, was crowded, but I managed to find a seat near the back of the bus, and there was an open seat beside me. A few stops later, a woman boarded the bus and made her way towards the rear. The only remaining open seat was the one next to me, and as the woman got closer, I saw she had some size to her, so I scrunched myself up a little in anticpation of being squeezed a bit when she sat down next to me...
Only she didn't sit down. Instead, she stopped directly in front of me and stared - and not in a friendly manner, either. While I was trying to figure out what the woman's problem was, she muttered under her breath (but loud enough for me to hear), "Hmmmph, I guess there ain't no more gentlemen today..."
"Excuse me?" I thought, but I let it slide.
A few minutes later, she repeated the comment, but much louder.
"Ma'am, there's an empty seat right next to me."
"I don't want to be all squished up next to you."
"So you saying I should get up and let you have both seats?"
"If you was any kind of man you would. You see I ain't no small chick, but you just going to sit there. A real man would've got up already, instead of thinking I was supposed to be trying to squeeze next to you."
Wooooo...it took all I had to keep from going off on this heffalump, but instead, I calmly looked her up and down, said, "You know, you're right, that is a seat and a half-sized ass, here you go", as I got up and walked away...
And you know, she still had the nerve to be pissed off...you just can't please some people...

1 comment:

  1. Poor Keith... Always trying to be nice... Guess you weren't nice enough for her!!!

    ReplyDelete