If you're a grandparent or parent of multiple kids, you've no doubt had the experience of , when trying to address one of your spawn (or one of theirs) by running through a whole list of names before you get to the right one (if you ever do):
"Justin-er-Darius-er-Chris-er-YOU RIGHT THERE, you know who I'm talking to, YOU, BOY, get over here!"
Besides which, whenever I'm telling a story about the kids or (especially) the grandkids to someone who isn't that familiar with them, I inevitably have to stop and explain who is who...
Well, my solution to these problems will be to refer to my descendants by a letter/number. Originally I just started referring to the grandboys as 1, 2, 3, and 4; then I realized I couldn't leave my own children out of the mix. Thus, from now on, in any "The Pop-Pop Chronicles" or other "The Angry Nerd" posts, I will reference my descendants by the following letter/number designations (a "C" is a Child, a "GC" is a Grandchild):
- C-1 = April, my oldest daughter
- C-2a = Justin, my son, and older of the twins
- C-2b = Joy, my younger daughter and younger of the twins
- GC-1 = Christopher, son of April
- GC-2 = Darius, older son of Joy
- GC-3 = Jaden, son of Justin
- GC-4 = Kevin, younger son of joy